Marketing Manager | AddThis
Earlier this year, we blogged about 7 design trends you need to know about for 2015. Well, as a designer, two of those trends have really stood out to me over the past few months: the use of images and video content. Why? Because of how effective they are in marketing.
Whether you’re creating images for blog posts, landing pages, or social media, marketers are shifting more attention to visuals because they’re seeing greater engagement.
What Marketers Are Saying About the Impact of Visual Marketing
- “70% of marketers plan to increase their use of original visual assets.” (Social Media Examiner)
- “Facebook posts containing photos accounted for 87% of all network interactions in 2014.” (eMarketer)
- “72% of marketers say visuals are more effective than text.” (Digiday)
2. Create Charts and Infographics: One of the best ways to provide shorter form content is by creating charts, infographics, video or other visual content to accompany your text. The content becomes more easily digestible with the aid of visual treats. In addition to the resources listed above, Infogr.am is another great tool for creating infographics and charts.
3. Include Quotes/Facts in Images: Visually previewing what you’re promoting is a strategy we’ve found effective in our social media marketing. Tweets that include specific statistics or quotes tend to perform better than those without. Recite is an online tool that makes this easy. They offer a variety of templates to which you can add quotes. Buffer’s Pablo app is another easy way to do this with lots of customization options for your image and copy.
4. Use Higher Quality Photography: Marketers are trading in traditional stock photography for more authentic looking images. Here are some great high resolution free photography resources you can use for your everyday marketing needs.
5. Don’t Underestimate Video: Including video in landing pages is another great way to drive engagement. Facebook reports the amount of video posted by users (both individuals and brands) increased by 3.6X from January 2013 to November 2014. Sandwich Video is a great example of a company that does very creative videos for businesses. In addition to the free photo resources listed above, we also have video resources you can check out.